Who Loves You, Unconditionally?

photo courtesy of clipart.me
I want to ask you a very probing question. Who loves you, unconditionally? This question is informed by a post I read on Facebook. The post reads and I quote, “Don’t be deceived, most people don’t love you as they claim. They just love what you can do for them. The day you stop or are unable to continue that which you do for them, their supposed and professed love ends.”



To say the truth, the post jolted me, infact it both saddened and sobered me. The frank reality of the truth contained in that post is undeniably overwhelming. So I ask again, who loves you, unconditionally? Think about this.

Is there someone, or are there people in your life who love you irrespective? If there is a need for someone to stand in for you, based on love and sacrifice, will there be anyone who would be willing to stand in for you, just because it is you concerned?

What’s my point? May I encourage that you begin to reassess your love priorities. We must begin to evaluate our relationships and give value to them. Who loves you and who do you love, irrespective. From today, let’s just pause and take stock. You cannot withdraw where you have not saved, or reap where you have not sown.

photo courtesy of forum.xcitefun.net
One of the first important steps I encourage you to take is to do a list of people who you think love you. I have used the term “people you think” because as you know, it may be difficult to know who loves you or not, seeing that faces are deceptive. You therefore have to test this love. It’s a tough one I must also admit, but since someone cannot run away from his shadow chances are that by their fruit you shall know those you love you or not. It maybe a family member or a friend.

Reach out to people you think love you. Do not be embarrassed to discuss this issue with them. Acknowledge that you appreciate their love for you.  Affirm your commitment to them. You should also begin to nurture that relationship. Do not take their love for granted. Honour and celebrate the loved ones in your life. As simple as it sounds, your very life may depend on them? So I leave you with this question again, who loves you, and who do you love, unconditionally?

In your success journey, what insights have you acquired or tips you would like to share? I would like to hear from you. Your feedback is valued.

chukwuemeka okereafor
I am available to creatively:
-  anchor, facilitate or compere your corporate events
-  speak to and train your team
-  produce content and visibility for you or your organisation
- write your speeches, citations, press releases, advertorials and advert copies
-  provide mass media and public relations consultancy
- produce radio and TV jingles, documentaries and other media outputs
-  create community engagement media for your community outreach
- capture and document your meetings, sessions, workshops, public outings and other important events using photographic, audio and video equipment.

You can reach me directly on +234 (0)805 334 0599. You may also write to P O Box 11758, Garki, Abuja, Nigeria or email emeka_okereafor@yahoo.com. My twitter handle is @iamchukwuemeka, on Skype I am chukwuemeka.okereafor (all in small caps). Please like our Facebook page at The Next Level with Chukwuemeka

Thank you for allowing me into your world.



No comments:

Post a Comment