When Is Tomorrow?

photo courtesy of bhmpics.com
FLYING from London to Abuja, I had taken a book I wanted to finish reading in-flight. For some reasons, I was too tired to read. I therefore decided to switch on the in-flight entertainment to watch movies, and hopefully sleep. No I didn’t want to sleep. I bought a late ticket for this trip and therefore paid heavily for it. To compensate myself, I promised myself not to sleep so I don’t miss out when the food is served. Don’t blame me, it’s called value for money, after all 'every little helps'.


Anyway. When I switched on the movie, an advert from HSBC, one of the world’s biggest banks played. The production and lines were too great to resist. So I watched and was struck by the message of the advert. It was titled the ‘Museum of Procrastination’. Waoh! The advert talked about a place where we put all our good intentions that never materialise; the gym memberships that we attend once, twice or a couple of times and then put away, the unfinished novels, stories, poems and other literary ideas. What about that amazing talent that the whole world is waiting for, the millions of ideas, inventions, Eureka moments that would have surely, definitely revolutionized our lives, but no…. we put them all away in the Museum of Procrastination. The Museum of Tomorrow, the Museum of I Will, I shall, of Tomorrow, of when so, so and so is in place then….


photo courtesy of consoletuner.com
Think about it. How many ideas have you put away, till tomorrow? How many ideas have you put on hold while waiting for the perfect time? When is tomorrow, and when is the perfect time? Does tomorrow exist? Because tomorrow is the today you talked about yesterday. Tomorrow, and the perfect time do not exist.


May I urge you to go to your Museum of Procrastination and revamp those great ideas, those plans you have rested, wipe off the dust and start work. My team and I are available to work with you on waking up the mighty you in you.


Please take off time, even 30 minutes, and write all the plans and thoughts and ideas bubbling within you. It is important you write them down and have a clear picture.  I also encourage you to keep a date with us at The Next Level with Chukwuemeka International Self-Discovery and Financial Empowerment Conference coming up on 18th and 19th November 2015 in Abuja.


Whether you succeed or not, is really in your hands. Remember that when you set the sails, God sends the wind.


Let me leave you with this thought: if your family and friends and indeed the world were depending on you based on your great ideas, plans and talent, does the world have somebody in you, can your family and the world trust you to deliver on your ideas, or would the Museum of Procrastination rub us all of a great gift in you? Think about this.


In your success journey, what insights have you acquired or tips you would like to share? I would like to hear from you. Your feedback is valued.


chukwuemeka okereafor
I am available to creatively:
-  anchor, facilitate or compere your corporate events
-  speak to and train your team
-  produce content and visibility for you or your organisation
- write your speeches, citations, press releases, advertorials and advert copies
-  provide mass media and public relations consultancy
- produce radio and TV jingles, documentaries and other media outputs
-  create community engagement media for your community outreach
- capture and document your meetings, sessions, workshops, public outings and other important events using photographic, audio and video equipment.

You can reach me directly on +234 (0)805 334 0599. You may also write to P O Box 11758, Garki, Abuja, Nigeria or email emeka_okereafor@yahoo.com. My twitter handle is @iamchukwuemeka, on Skype I am chukwuemeka.okereafor (all in small caps). Please like our Facebook page at The Next Level with Chukwuemeka

Thank you for allowing me into your world.


No comments:

Post a Comment