Are You Ageless? - Important Life and Business Lessons

photo courtesy of chimeedwards.com
FOR a while, my two beautiful girls have been asking me of my age. In a discussion with them, ‘Glorious God’ by Elijah Oyelade, the popular Nigerian worship leader, was playing in the background. After a while, the song referred to God as ‘ageless’. My curious girls immediately asked what ‘ageless’ means. I explained that it means someone that no one knows his age, like God. One of them retorted, ‘Just like you Dad, you are ageless, we don’t know your age'. I completely cracked up. Me ageless? I am not God.  I couldn’t hold my laughter.



I sat back to think about this incident with my daughters, and look at the bigger picture of how we live and transact business. I took away these lessons:
·      Many a time, though inadvertently, we create misconceptions and misunderstandings by leaving blanks in our social and business interactions. We therefore create many unnecessary headaches.
·      People are quick to assume on issues especially about things they are unaware of or afraid of. So it pays to ask questions, and hopefully answers will be given
·      The human mind is quick to fill in the blanks as nature abhors vacuum. And not all our assumptions are right by the way. So always give the benefit of a doubt.
·      As much as you can, don’t give room for assumptions.

photo courtesy of ukas.co.uk
I trust that moving forward, you will not be ‘ageless’ in your dealings and pursuits.

Have you registered for the Public Speaking through Drama Training Sessions in Abuja. Don’t be left out of this life-time opportunity to improve your public speaking. You are guaranteed to see remarkable progress in your public speaking. It’s free, but you should register to attend. Spaces are limited. 

Follow this link (or copy and paste on your browser).  
        

http://goo.gl/forms/3BhkJMEXUa


Whether you succeed or not, is really in your hands. Remember that when you set the sails, God sends the wind.

Your feedback is welcome

chukwuemeka okereafor
Some people have asked how we can work together. Among others, I am available to creatively:
-  anchor, facilitate or compere your corporate events
-  speak to and train your team for greater productivity
-  produce content and visibility for you or your organization, including branding
- provide cultural entertainment packages at your social events including receptions, social and cultural nights
- write your speeches, citations, press releases, advertorials and advert copies
-  provide mass media and public relations consultancy
- produce radio and TV jingles, documentaries and other media outputs
- capture and document your meetings, sessions, workshops, public outings and other important events using photographic, audio and video equipment.

You can reach me directly on +234 (0)805 334 0599, email: emeka_okereafor@yahoo.com. You may also write to P O Box 11758, Garki, Abuja, Nigeria. My twitter handle is @iamchukwuemeka. Please like our Facebook page at The Next Level with Chukwuemeka and invite your friends to do same. 

At The Next Level with Chukwuemeka, we motivate, inspire and empower...to the next level".

Thank you for allowing me into your world.




No comments:

Post a Comment