Important Rules for a Happier You

photo courtesy of commons.wikimedia.org
EVERYONE, well, every normal person aspires to lead a healthier, happier life. I guess you too want to live a happier life. Some environments have made us erroneously conclude that being happy is directly correlated to being rich, or having plenty of money. Nothing can be farther from the truth. I guess you know or have heard of the popular saying that ‘the rich also cry’, indeed they do. This is however not to discountenance the solutions that having money can provide. Like James my friend will say, he prefers to cry like a rich man than a poor man. The cry of the rich he will say has rhythm and melody while that of the poor is uncoordinated. Don’t mind James. The point here however is, be rich, but don’t seek happiness in riches. Happiness is found in the simple everyday things of life. Here are some important points. 



Love yourself. It is staggering the number of people who do not love themselves and therefore cannot love others or be happy. On the other end of the line are those who love themselves so much that no one or nothing else matters. Do you still wonder why the world is in this great turmoil? Learn to appreciate you were created to be. Don’t try to be like the Joneses.


Growing up, my mother will always tell my siblings and myself, infact it was a song, that ‘if you do good, you do for yourself, if you do bad, you do for yourself’. How profound mama was. May her memory continue to be blessed. Make every effort every day to do good. Look for opportunities to do good. Doing good makes the receiver happy and uplifts the spirit of the doer of good. Would you buy a meal for someone hungry today, would you pay that petty trader extra for that product or service, would you give your time to listen and counsel someone needing guidance? The exciting thing is that opportunities exist every day to do good, seize it.


photo courtesy of christianity.about.com
There is a magic-like wand that heals the heart and frees the spirit. Infact some scholars argue that to lead a happier life, you, as a matter of fact, must imbibe and constantly practice this lifestyle. It is called forgiveness. I can tell you from experience also that forgiveness is great medicine for the soul. I make every effort not to keep a record of wrongs. I deliberately forget ill done me. In my effort to forget wrongs done I sometimes also don’t recall things I should, seriously. But I am happier and freer and in sync with my environment. Forgiveness is easier said than done, I must also admit that. But I must also state as difficult as it is, make every effort to always forgive knowing that hurt will always come. Forgive today, for your own sake.


I encourage you to keep a date with us at The Next Level with Chukwuemeka International Self-Discovery and Financial Empowerment Conference coming up on 18th and 19th November 2015 in Abuja. Come and learn the skills of knowing opportunities and taking calculated risks.

Whether you succeed or not, is really in your hands. Remember that when you set the sails, God sends the wind.

In your success journey, what insights have you acquired or tips you would like to share? I would like to hear from you. Your feedback is valued.

chukwuemeka okereafor
I am available to creatively:
-  anchor, facilitate or compere your corporate events
-  speak to and train your team
-  produce content and visibility for you or your organisation
- write your speeches, citations, press releases, advertorials and advert copies
-  provide mass media and public relations consultancy
- produce radio and TV jingles, documentaries and other media outputs
-  create community engagement media for your community outreach
- capture and document your meetings, sessions, workshops, public outings and other important events using photographic, audio and video equipment.

You can reach me directly on +234 (0)805 334 0599. You may also write to P O Box 11758, Garki, Abuja, Nigeria or email emeka_okereafor@yahoo.com. My twitter handle is @iamchukwuemeka, on Skype I am chukwuemeka.okereafor (all in small caps). Please like our Facebook page at The Next Level with Chukwuemeka

Thank you for allowing me into your world.

No comments:

Post a Comment