How to Create Your Own Zone for Better Productivity

photo courtesy of  identitynetwork
SPEAKING with several CEOs on the secret behind their outstanding successes, all of them agreed that they created their own world to drive their success. Creating your own zone is surely one of the surest ways to achieving enduring success. Are you creating your own world, and how do you create it?



One must come to the realisation that one has to deliberately create the world one desires to have. You must come to an understanding that you and you alone are responsible for your actions and the outcomes of your actions; whether you live or die, succeed or nearly succeed, are happy or sad, whatever outcome, you must be prepared to take responsibility.


In a very diverse and varied world inhabited by all manner of characters, personality traits, temperaments, you must again create your own world within the larger world to succeed.


Why create your own zone?

Creating your own world or zone gives you control of your life and makes you accountable for your actions. It also gives you responsibility, responsibility to act and make no excuses. Control, accountability and responsibility are some of the beauties of creating your own zone. And, by and large, the person who successfully creates his own zone is more likely to make a greater impact on the larger stage. No true success can be achieved without these ingredients.

Don’t wait on others, wait on yourself. People are so stacked with a mountain of personal issues that when the chips are down, your issues become secondary, sad but true.


How do you create your own zone?

photo courtesy of motivationalmemo
Read. Read empowering materials. Reading must become second nature. This is surely easier said. Are you like I used to be in the past? Formerly, the quickest way for me to go to sleep is to pick a book and read. It works like magic. Now, not any more.  I don’t endeavour to finish a book in one hour, I read one step at a time, which I determine. And as I read, I take down notes. These methods make reading fun, not a means to a nap.  

Carefully choose your circle of friends. This point cannot be made enough. Birds of the same feather, still flock together. Stay with people who inspire and encourage you, who believe the best in you. Choose your friends, choose your world.

As much as you can avoid situations that drain you of emotional energy. Avoid negative energy. Learn to lose that fight, as it would seem. Let the other party have his way if it makes him happy, play the fool. But be sure of this, there are some seeming loses that are actually gains. Please click on this for more on Emotional Energy

Recently I was training participants in a facility graciously given to me by a mentor in support of the work I do. In his absence his staff had to help with the logistics at the venue. After all my preparation for the class, his staff mandated to help with the facility logistics comes to the venue and tells me that we can’t use the air conditioner because the electricity unit will be exhausted. Can you beat that? Rather than tell me to recharge the electricity units, he insisted that we cannot use it.

And here I was prepared and ready to roll, and this situation comes clearly to get me into an argument and eventually drain me of my emotional energy needed to conduct a winning training session. I didn’t succumb to that. I simply said if that makes him happy, so be it. I trained without the air conditioner in the training venue. Guess what, that was one of my most interesting training sessions. Imagine if I had negatively engaged him, perhaps I would have had a terrible day. Learn to lose that fight, as it would seem. There is winning in some supposed loses


What helps you relax, without hurting you or others, go for it.


Do something beyond you, volunteer your services, support a cause.


Create your own zone and increase your chances of succeeding at your endeavours.


Please leave a comment


chukwuemeka okereafor
Whether you succeed or not, is really in your hands. Remember that when you set the sails, God sends the wind.

Some people have asked how we can work together. Among others, I am available to creatively:
-  anchor, facilitate or compere your corporate events
-  speak to and train your team for greater productivity
-  produce content and visibility for you or your organization, including branding
- provide cultural entertainment packages at your social events including receptions, social and cultural nights
- write your speeches, citations, press releases, advertorials and advert copies
-  provide mass media and public relations consultancy
- produce radio and TV jingles, documentaries and other media outputs
- capture and document your meetings, sessions, workshops, public outings and other important events using photographic, audio and video equipment.

You can reach me directly on +234 (0)805 334 0599, email: thenextlevel2000@gmail.com. You may also write to P O Box 11758, Garki, Abuja, Nigeria. My twitter handle is @iamchukwuemeka. Please like our Facebook page at The Next Level with Chukwuemeka or www.facebook.com/tnlwc and invite your friends to do same. 

At The Next Level with Chukwuemeka, we motivate, inspire and empower...to the next level".

Thank you for allowing me into your world.


No comments:

Post a Comment